Software Test Engineer (Automation) at (, UK)
at Bromium UK Ltd
You will be performing software test activities for a complex enterprise class security product based on micro-virtualization. The position will largely involve automated testing, scripting and some manual testing as and when required, to help assure the quality of our product as well as identify any risks in our SDLC.
Our ideal candidate will have excellent problem investigation and technical communication skills. You’ll be detailed oriented, have an enthusiasm for testing complex software and, although knowledge of security vulnerabilities would be a bonus, it isn’t essential.
· Plan, design and write automated tests for new and existing features and bug fixes
· Monitor and help maintain automated tests systems, cooperating with DevOps and Developers
· Write, maintain and execute manual test cases for areas where automated testing isn’t appropriate
· Debug and troubleshoot issues uncovered during testing
· Investigate defects and submit defect reports
· Prior experience of working in a professional software QA team
· Scripting/programming experience in a commercial capacity, ideally in test automation (Python, C# and Selenium skills are of particular interest)
· Knowledge of a source control system such as Git
· Understanding of Windows OS
· A knowledge of and interest in general software testing methodologies
The following skills and attributes area plus:
· Technical experience of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
· Technical understanding of web browsers
· Understanding and experience of virtualization
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical subject
Bromium was founded in 2010 with a mission to restore trust in computing. The company’s founders have a long and deep history of innovation in virtualization and security. Inspired by the isolation principles of traditional virtualization, the Bromium team has created a game-changing technology called micro-virtualization to protect end users against advanced malware. Every task the user performs, such as opening a document or clicking on a link, is isolated in its own micro-VM, with access to just the resources required for that task, and existing just for the life of the task. Protection is thus provided through isolation, without relying on detection, hence reliably defending the user from polymorphic and even zero-day malware.
Bromium has its corporate HQ in Cupertino,California and an R&D center in Cambridge, UK. The company is backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Ignition Capital, Highland Capital Partners, Intel Capital, Meritech Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners.Read More...