Eng 3, Prodt Dev Engineering at (, PA)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our OneCloud team. As an Engineer on the OneCloud team you will work to plan, build and test software products that ensure the secure, cost-effective and elastic adoption and usage of AWS, Azure and GCP.
You will be joining a small and fast-moving group of world-class experts who are innovating in delivering public cloud solutions to product teams at Comcast. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality and agility. The team’s engineers are work closely with cloud, security and network architects to ensure our products and services consistently meet customer demands.
The ideal candidate will have experience creating and deploying to cloud infrastructure architectures on one or more public cloud platforms as well as hands-on experience designing and developing web applications and cloud infrastructure automation solutions.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Design, develop, test, deploy, debug and document the software systems powering our cloud management platform.
- Participate in agile project planning, estimation and retrospectives
- Work with teammates to develop and refine system architecture and design
- Contribute to user interface design and development
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Experience with Golang microservices and Angular
- Experience leveraging AWS, Azure and/or Google Compute Platform to deploy highly reliable and scalable cloud applications.
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Demonstrated ability building, deploying and operating cloud native applications.
- Ability to automate the deployment of infrastructure using tools like Terraform, Ansible or Chef/Puppet.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, DNS, UDP, IPv4/IPv6 networking and protocols
- Understanding of IP networking and traffic scaling.
- Proven ability to design and present understandable and practical solutions to complex problems.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerRead More...