Software Developer at (, MD)
As a Software Developer for BlueVoyant, you will:
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists, and site reliability engineers to enable the ingest, processing, and analysis of millions of events per second
- Actively contribute code to the BlueVoyant software suite using a variety of languages, technologies, and environments to create advanced analysis capabilities for analysts and to create complex analytics that detects cyber-attacks as early as possible and measure cyber risk
- Be deeply integrated into all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle, with a focus on agile methodologies, incorporating well-defined metrics and feedback, lending your experiences and expertise to increasing iteration speed and product delivery
- Participate in the testing, deployment, and operation of complex systems, always seeking to learn and help the team succeed
- Help us build maintainable and scalable architecture and tooling
You should have...
- Worked in a startup environment or top-tier, data-heavy tech company for more than 1.5 years
- Experience working in a complex domain where you werent also a prototypical user (e.g., medicine, finance, security, shipping/logistics, operations, defense)
- Extensively written and worked with Python, Java, and/or golang
- Experience and a strong interest in networking, databases, cybersecurity, and operating systems
- Written software that operates on petabyte-scale, distributed data-infrastructure
- Hadoop, Spark, ElasticSearch, and Kafka experience is a plus
- Familiarity with stream processing
- Parsed data, cleaned up datasets, extracted data from files, manipulated data
- Desire to develop software that runs a data-driven product
- Involved in multiple, data-heavy software engineering projects
BlueVoyant is a global cybersecurity firm that provides Advanced Threat Intelligence, for large companies and a comprehensive Managed Security Service and Cyber Forensics and Incident Response services for small businesses, powered by one of the largest commercially available cyber threat databases in the world.
By working with BlueVoyant, companies can gain unique and far-reaching visibility into malicious activity on their networks, in the dark web and across the internet, as well as real-time, automatable remediation services. Through our unique real-time external threat monitoring, predictive human and machine-sourced intelligence, and proactive managed security and incident response, BlueVoyant offers the private sector exceptional cyber defense capabilities.
Co-founded by CEO Jim Rosenthal, former Chief Operating Officer at Morgan Stanley, and Executive Chairman Tom Glocer, former Chief Executive Officer at Thomson Reuters, BlueVoyant has attracted a management team that comes from the worlds preeminent intelligence, law enforcement, and private sector organizations. Other leaders include:
- Jim Penrose, COO, former EVP at Darktrace with 17 years at the NSA in key leadership roles.
- Gad Goldstein, Head of BlueVoyant Europe and Chairman of Israel, former division head (Major General equivalent) in the Israel Security Agency, Shin Bet.
- Robert Hannigan, Chairman of BlueVoyant International, former Director of GCHQ.
- Austin Berglas, Global Head of Professional Services, former head of the FBIs New York Cyber Branch.
- David Etue, Global Head of MSS, former VP of Managed Services at Rapid7.
- Milan Patel, Chief Client Officer, former CTO of the FBI Cyber Division.
- Ron Feler, Global Head of Threat Intelligence and Operations, former Deputy Commander of Unit 8200, the cybersecurity division of the Israel Defense Forces.
- Eldad Chai, CPO, former SVP of Products at Imperva.
- Jim Bieda, Senior Advisor, former NSA Deputy CTO.
- Bill Crumm, Senior Advisor, former NSA SIGINT Director and former Cybersecurity Head, Morgan Stanley.
- Dan Ennis, Senior Advisor, former Head of Threat Intelligence at the NSA
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States or Israel. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.Read More...