Senior Software Engineer at (, CA)
Backend Platform @ Realtor.com
You will join a team of talented and diverse peers building critical systems in the Backend Platform that drive a huge part of the functionality and customer satisfaction for real estate professionals. It is a great opportunity to join our Technology team here in Santa Clara, California.
Youll work in a creative, startup-like environment while enjoying the stability, benefits, and resources of a billion-dollar company.
Challenges we’re excited about pursuing in 2019 and beyond:
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain product features that will connect consumers with real estate professionals while driving strong business value for us
- Deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and extensible
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams to fulfill product vision
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations
- Leverage AWS to scale the system to support complex use cases
- Help construct the best engineering standards and practices as a team
The following is relevant to us:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field, with experience building complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications.
- Experience with scalable backend architecture and modern API design concepts.
- Strong command over database systems, relational and NoSQL.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders.
- Experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback.
- Experience with using public cloud services, especially AWS.
- Experience with Java and/or Node JS.
- Willingness to identify, learn and use the best technology for a given task, regardless of your current strengths.
Our key values:
Compete with Passion: Approach every opportunity with determination and urgency
Partner to Win: Be sought out for your expertise, collaborative work style, and reputation for getting things done
Challenge Conventional Thinking: Be eager to find better ways the leads us in new and innovative directions
Be Real: Be authentic, be honest, be you
Seek to Amaze: Exceed the expectations of consumers, customers, and colleagues - always